Sunday, October 12, 2014

Mess up, Food Shopping in Spain. Vinegar cannot be cooking oil.


Shopping at least once in a week become unavoidable to me because I have to eat to survive. In Bhutan, normally people prefer to do shopping on Sunday. I too prefer here in Spain but I was encounter with shocked and nothing I could bought on Sunday when I went to buy. Every shop closed here in (Basque Country) Spain on Sunday.
Now, I go once in a week to buy something to cook and buy foodstuff to sustain for a week. Walking in an open air and visiting the shop one by one in order to buy is enjoyable. It sometime become tedious if it rain.
Way back to home with mind scare of what if it rain.

Selecting the items isn’t easy. Every item is written with Spanish. Thanks to Google translator for translating me to English. But still a few funny story I got to share. I was in shopping complex without cell phone. I try to buy face cream. I randomly picked from the face cream corner. I didn’t enquired whether it was face cream because I was confident as it was in face cream corner. I never realized it was hand cream until I translated after reaching home.
Again same silly incident occurred for the second time. I picked up cooking oil with very confident because it was in cooking oil corner. It gave me second shock when Google translator displayed it was vinegar. It is difficult go anywhere in Spain without cellphone with available internet.
Now I won’t face any problem because I will utilize Google translator efficiently.
very confident in vegetable corner as I can recognize even though name tag are in Spanish.



No comments:

Post a Comment